Dental Anxiety and Phobia
Scientists now recognize that most patients experience generalized dental anxiety. In fact, recent studies show that up to 75% of Americans experience some level of dentist fear and 20% postpone or avoid care because of this. If you have a fear of dentists, we want you to know that making you feel comfortable and safe at our office is our top priority.
Fear of Dentist – Causes and Remedies
Some individuals fear of dentistry extends beyond the dentist and even include:
- Routine Teeth Cleaning
- Anxious about the procedures to be performed
- The cost of the treatments
- The expectation of discomfort, awkwardness or loss of feeling during the procedure
- Being susceptible to lower back pain or kinks in the neck
- Becoming uncomfortable with the sound, feel, or smell of having their teeth worked on
- Embarrassment about your teeth
At Walden Dental, we won’t ever claim to cure dental anxiety, but we’ll do the best possible to significantly reduce it. This includes:
Don’t let a dental phobia prevent or delay you from getting your teeth fixed. We can give you a shiny new smile! Click below to schedule an appointment or call or text our office.