Implant Retained Dentures
The advanced technology of modern implant retained dentures eliminates limitations and inconvenience of conventional dentures (false teeth). Usually when you lose teeth, it is essential for your overall health to have them replaced. Missing teeth affect your “bite” as well as your ability to speak and chew. Their loss can increase the burden on your remaining teeth and can cause muscle pain in your jaws and severe, migraine like, headaches. And of course, losing teeth can affect your appearance.
Patients with severe issues (multiple broken, cracked or missing teeth or severe misalignments) with most or all of their teeth should consider the additional benefits of anchoring some or all of their teeth with dental implants, and not just Immediate Dentures only. Click one of the links above or call to schedule an appointment, so Dr. Frank can examine your teeth and review your options with you.
Replacing missing teeth with “All-on-4” Implant Retained Dentures
Although a few patients may have no problem wearing an upper denture, many people find it difficult to wear lower dentures. Several implant-supported replacement options are available to alleviate the frustrations of removable teeth. Why our patients choose implant retained dentures (All-on-4 or Button-snap dentures):
- Regain confidence in social settings and dinner parties!
- Enjoy foods and taste, including all types of steak, that you’ve had to avoid!
- Eat a well-balanced diet of raw fruits/vegetables to avoid many medications and other preventable illness.
- Speak without slurring words, hissing ‘S’ or other mouth movements that cause the denture teeth to clack or even fall out.
- Eliminates the gag feeling from upper denture set too far back towards the roof of mouth and throat.
- No longer feel embarrassed about family, especially grandchildren, asking “why do your teeth come out?”
- Avoids facial wrinkles along the nose and lip-line, or watching your jaw muscles sag.
- Keeps your jawbone secure and corrects unrelenting jaw pain that feels like migraines along your temples or behind your head and shoulders.
All-on-4 or Screw Retained Implants
Typically only four implants are needed to permanently hold you new teeth in place, with a natural teeth look and feel. Your upper and/or lower teeth are held in place by tiny fixtures between the teeth and implants. These are undetectable by your eyes or by feel of the tongue and lips. This style of implant retained denture doesn’t touch the gum tissue, which permits easier cleanings under the denture without removing it daily. This way the only time your teeth are removed is by your dentist during your regularly scheduled dental visits.
Button-Snap or Ball Attachment Denture – Lower teeth only
This entry-level treatment option for implant retained dentures uses two implants in your lower jaw. We make a denture that snaps onto the implants like a button, allowing your denture to be more stable while chewing. However, there will still be movement of your lower denture. And sore spots can occur if any food particles (especially seeds) are caught under it. As with all removable replacement teeth, you still will need periodic appointments for implant retained denture adjustment.